42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

Hardware Recommendation

Go down 
+4
No.42_Awde
AG-51_Cobraj
No.42_Duff4r
NavyJake
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm

No.42_Lexx wrote:
S! Rooster

Good luck! Hey, I got that same calender ... it's got some great shots.

Thanks Lexx... gonna give it a shot this weekend unless things change but I hope to be ready to go for Monday night. I want to definatly be ready for Bloody April that is why I want to get this overwith and ironed out asap.
Ya .. that is a great calender. Great pics... I think it will be a mainstay every year ( from Sporty's Pilot Shop ).

Salute
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Well... I think I am ready for 1st boot... Shiiittt... Here we go.... Fingers crossed Rolling Eyes

Last edited by No.42_Rooster on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.AirGroup51.net
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Yep... So far so good. Boot was good... Installing windows, so far so good. Smile

Gigabyte MB drivers and software are a go... Big Grin

Video card.... Check. This freakin' thing is screaming Laughing

ok... now the tedious stuff... install, install, install .... and more install. Gonna be a long night. Boring

Oh ya... There are well over 100 windows updates lol!

Just ran the Windows Experiance Index test... scored a 7.7 of a possible 7.9. That is huge!

Last edited by No.42_Rooster on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Cock-a-doodle-do!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Hehehe
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:01 pm

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Dance ... Look I'm dancing!! S!
Back to top Go down
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 pm

So how was having an SSD installing Windows in a few minutes. LOL

It is a screamer bud. Pics too man!

Gigabyte has a nice driver suite.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Ya Cobra... It screamed right through the win install. The updates are what took the longest. I do have some build pics I will get them in here soon. I am leaving just about everything at the default level, perhaps you or an expeitianced IT guy would like to give me a tutorial and make some adjustments... not a huge rush, it runs fantastic the way it is. S!
Back to top Go down
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Default settings are just fine. I can suggest a couple of must do's.

* EVGA website has Precision program, download and install. This has overclocking (not needed) and auto fan and fan controls. Set to Auto.
* Once you have all the drivers updated, Windows updated, and basic software installed and configured you should make an image of your hard drive. Windows Backup can make an Image file of drive C and save it to your 2TB. This can later be used as a virtual reformat. Within a couple minutes you can restore back to what you have now. If Viruses, hard drive failure, or slow clutter drive ever happens you will be prepared and fixed up in minutes not many hours of reloading etc.

Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

AG-51_Cobraj wrote:
Default settings are just fine. I can suggest a couple of must do's.

* EVGA website has Precision program, download and install. This has overclocking (not needed) and auto fan and fan controls. Set to Auto.
* Once you have all the drivers updated, Windows updated, and basic software installed and configured you should make an image of your hard drive. Windows Backup can make an Image file of drive C and save it to your 2TB. This can later be used as a virtual reformat. Within a couple minutes you can restore back to what you have now. If Viruses, hard drive failure, or slow clutter drive ever happens you will be prepared and fixed up in minutes not many hours of reloading etc.

I will check on the precision program (l think I already got it) I will check it's settings.
I also did the back up and system image to the 2tb and I set it to a weekly item. I should run it again once I get ROF completed... I am really close.
I was in game with fraps doing it's thing and I was what the.... I have it maxed out and frames set to 60 max... Fraps was showing 60fps solid no matter where I was or what I was doing. I must say this is well worth the cost if yout life revolves around this game like it does mine Wink
Your help is greatly appriciated Cobra Salute
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Dance

Sounds like fun!!
Back to top Go down
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Great job! I wouldn't do a weekly image but you can if you think it is better. Maybe save image once you get windows squared. Then make one with ROF. You can name each one. I think if you have it set to weekly it will keep overwriting the file which won't help you if you want to roll back to a clean install.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:03 am

Good thinking Cobra... I will adjust that thanks! Salute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardware Recommendation   Hardware Recommendation - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardware Recommendation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
42 Squadron :: Game Utilities & Tech Tips-
Jump to: