42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WWGeezer

High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B Empty
PostSubject: High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B   High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Pruned: 7/22/13 - SS

For the hard core map junkies out there.  

Went into the mission builder and changed all the icons on the Entente side to "defend" instead of "attack" and made them visible..added icons to all the aerostats so they show up.  Made up from four screen shots so is of a decent resolution.  Print it on four sheets of card stock and tape it back together and it makes a very decent knee map

Take this with a grain of salt, never know when the mission builder might change something

Also you might notice that our inland bridges that we defend are on minor roads not over rivers, might be a little hard to find

A bit faked, but close enough!

High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B FifMapAsmall

High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B FifMapBsmall

and your good with an exacto blade....it can look like this! ( I'm using old card stock, sorry about the three hole punch holes)

.....in case you haven't figured it out, I am a bit of map geek
High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B Map1r

Last edited by WWGeezer on Sat May 18, 2013 11:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B   High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:46 am

first make sure that when you click on the image you get a higher res image downloaded

than you might try zooming in with the magnifying glass to make sure it has a high level of detail

After that it depends what you do with it. If you print on a single sheet it will still be hard to read because everything is so small. If your printer preferences has an option for poster printing you should be able to print it on several sheets and than tape them back together. Or head to kinkos or sneak in early at work and print on 11 x 17.

Last resort would be to zoom into the area you care about, make a screen shot and just print that area.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B   High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:04 am

posted a pic of what mine looks when its all done...would have been nicer without three whole card stock and my scotch tape is a bit yellowed. I really prefer a paper map to opening and closing the map windows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B   High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B Empty

Back to top Go down

High Res Mission Map-Updated for Map A and B
Page 1 of 1