42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WWGeezer

FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! Empty
PostSubject: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Pruned 8-29-13 - SS
Edited and made 'Sticky' by Duff4r - 5/24/2013

FIF Rules Link: http://home.nctv.com/jojo/FiF%20%20proprosed%20Rules%204.html Read them.

Just re-read the rules and had a few questions....I could post with Butzell but thought I would start here first

1. Arty Spotting
It describes coming within 500 meters of our artillery at an elevation of between 750m and 1250m and than flying within 1,000m of the target to start the bombing
It says bombing will go for about 2 minutes and than you have to return to the artillery to give intel and head back to the target again.

a. When you approach the target, does the same 750 m to 1250m rules apply?
b. Are there messages acknowledging that you have triggered the mission at our artillery or when the 2 minutes is up or do you just watch when the bombing stops

2. Changing Air bases
Rules are a little fuzzy on reflying.  
"Reflies as indicated above, by pilots or gunners may only be done at the Aerodrome you started off the night in; a pilot can switch to and from the 2 seater dromes. you cannot switch scout plane airfields"

a. Can two seaters change bases or not, the sentence above says both!

3. Completing Recon and Trench Mapping Missions
Landing in friendly territory counts as success.  Schnooze's strategy mentioned doing some recon on the map to see if the front bases are easy to land at.  Would you likely try to land at a front base just to makes sure it was a decent runway or do you guys make for the ground as fast as you can as soon as you get over the front

4. Who can bomb?
Scouts can't carry bombs
Sabatours can't carry bombs
Arty Spotters, Trenchmappers, Recon and Bombers can all carry bombs, but only the Bombers can bomb Ships, Bridges, Depots, Buildings.....the rest restricted to Trains and Convoys....do I have that right?

Finally, clearly from the strategy, no rules against shooting planes on the ground.  Any rules against intentional ramming?  We had a few of those occur during the practice session.

Is the mission from last Wed the best one to practice on?  We have a flying night on Tuesday and I may want to put a server up just to try the moving parts of the missions.

Thanks All!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

PostSubject: Re: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:26 pm

WWGeezer wrote:
Just re-read the rules and had a few questions....I could post with Butzell but thought I would start here first

1. Arty Spotting
It describes coming within 500 meters of our artillery at an elevation of between 750m and 1250m and than flying within 1,000m of the target to start the bombing
It says bombing will go for about 2 minutes and than you have to return to the artillery to give intel and head back to the target again.

a. When you approach the target, does the same 750 m to 1250m rules apply?
b. Are there messages acknowledging that you have triggered the mission at our artillery or when the 2 minutes is up or do you just watch when the bombing stops
Yes and yes.

Quote :
2. Changing Air bases
Rules are a little fuzzy on reflying.
"Reflies as indicated above, by pilots or gunners may only be done at the Aerodrome you started off the night in; a pilot can switch to and from the 2 seater dromes. you cannot switch scout plane airfields"

a. Can two seaters change bases or not, the sentence above says both!

PIlots can change bases if you land safely, but the 2-seaters are only at a single base. There is no transfering machines. A pilot that changes bases will only be able to fly the planes stationed at that drome.

Quote :

Landing in friendly territory counts as success. Schnooze's strategy mentioned doing some recon on the map to see if the front bases are easy to land at. Would you likely try to land at a front base just to makes sure it was a decent runway or do you guys make for the ground as fast as you can as soon as you get over the front
I would make for the nearest friendly base and land there. Any landing in friendly territory counts as mission success, but there is a lot of non-level land out there that makes landing a bitch.

Quote :
4. Who can bomb?
Scouts can't carry bombs
Sabatours can't carry bombs
Arty Spotters, Trenchmappers, Recon and Bombers can all carry bombs, but only the Bombers can bomb Ships, Bridges, Depots, Buildings.....the rest restricted to Trains and Convoys....do I have that right?
Yes.

Quote :
Finally, clearly from the strategy, no rules against shooting planes on the ground. Any rules against intentional ramming? We had a few of those occur during the practice session.
No, there are no rules against that.

Quote :
Is the mission from last Wed the best one to practice on? We have a flying night on Tuesday and I may want to put a server up just to try the moving parts of the missions.
Yes, at the moment. The game mission will be available from the first one of course, but nothing before.

Quote :
Thanks All!
Hope it helped! Ask all the questions you want!
Back to top Go down
Shnoze_Shmon

Shnoze_Shmon

PostSubject: Re: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Quote :
Landing in friendly territory counts as success. Schnooze's strategy mentioned doing some recon on the map to see if the front bases are easy to land at. Would you likely try to land at a front base just to makes sure it was a decent runway or do you guys make for the ground as fast as you can as soon as you get over the front

If you damage a prop or engine on either of these missions it is a bust. If in addition to scouting the smoothness of these airfields you can find other locations that are smooth for landings than I will show them on the map.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:07 am

I think Shnoze was talking about Pre-game recon with regard to these airfields, ie: let's know which bases are good to land at without deadly mole hills now...Space and I both came in for beautiful landings only to have our props ripped off unexpectedly by terrain weirdisms.

Regarding ramming: there are no rules per se, but in the tournament vice a practice server, you have one life — ramming could very likely get you dead too so the death rule should discourage this "tactic".
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:05 pm

The game is set up regarding roles for 2-seaters. If you want a recon, you have to designate a 2-seater as recon. However, I agree with the bombing scouts issue. Thing is, this sort of "leveling the playing field" has been around as long as I can remember — designating bombing roles to only certain acft. It may also be tied into the way the game or parser tracks stats, in which case...argument over.

Is this a negotiable? What do they want in return if we press this issue? Faster firing Spandaus? ;)
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

PostSubject: Re: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Why is everyone getting all bent about scouts not being able to carry bombs? Hell, most "bombers" didnt carry bombs in WW2! If you want to be a bomber, Green is always taking apps! tongue

Regarding 2-seaters, it's not a matter of what bomber can do what, but more of what any particular 2-seater is equipped to do. If you are a photo-recon plane, why would you modify that to carry bombs when there are others set up like that already? Bombing was a relatively new thing in WW2, and most 2-seaters had missions other than bombing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!   FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print! Empty

Back to top Go down

FIF Rules and Clarfications....the fine print!
Page 1 of 1