42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

New Video Settings

Go down 
+2
No.42_Bandy
No.42_Duff4r
6 posters
AuthorMessage
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 am

Gents, view this topic: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=35258

This is NOT for the weak of heart, Attention Deficit or computer minimal folks!

To start with you MUST have FRAPS installed, it's on our portal page. NVIDIA inspector installed: http://www.majorgeeks.com/NVIDIA_Inspector_d6630.html

I would recommend EVGA's Precision X overclocking utility. You can use Precision X for ALL video cards regardless of Name brand, i.e. MSI, Aseus and etc. Overclock your video card by setting a Frame Rate goal of 60.

The topic above requires you to make changes to ROF Video using NVIDIA Inspector, then the NVIDIA Control Panel that's installed with the Video drivers. Further you will then make changes in the way you launch the game (customized shortcut), ROF in-game video, audio, and networks settings. Finally you will edit a config file called: startup.cfg

That said the results were worth it!

My Rig:
Intel Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.34 GHz, 8 GB Ram, EVGA GTX 650 Ti 2G SE and Windows Vista 64 (gutted & tweaked)

I have had to have all my settings on low and 2x Ansio, 4x AA, Object Visibility to 90%. I was getting about 36 FPS before the last update, then about 42. After 1 hour and carefully making all the settings changes I have everything on high with exception of reflections which is recommended 'off', Ansio is x8, AA is x4 and Light sources are 8. FR's are now NO lower than 36 and generally more than 50 FPs. I have them limited at 60. Smooth as a baby's butt!

I will help what I can, but if you 'TRASH your TOY' it is your fault. BACKUP everything! 'YOU BEEN WARNED!'

Notes: RoF is primarily CPU intensive. If you have a big enough CPU i5 or i7, 8 Gigs of RAM on a 64 bit system and a medium or better graphics card. You probably don't need the above tweak! If your CPU is lesser the above tweaks will help good system RAM and an above average video card pick up the slacking CPU.

This is recommended for Video cards in the 600 series but reports were good with a GTX 560 Ti and also a GTX 460 SE so you may try this.

Good luck!

Last edited by No.42_Duff4r on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
No.42_Bandy

No.42_Bandy

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 am

I'm in!!
I just may need you to help me overcome my ADHD to do it. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am

Yeah...I'm gonna n....

SQUIRREL!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 pm

OK..Let's do this a step at a time.

First install EVGA's Precision X: http://www.evga.com/precision/

Here's the necessary settings:

New Video Settings PrecisionXa

Now do this:

New Video Settings NVIDIA_CP

Note: If you have a Rise of Flight Profile in the Program Settings Tab shown above next to the Global Tab, you can do it there instead or also! Won't hurt.

Let me know when you finished in the post below.

Last edited by No.42_Duff4r on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
semiauto

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I meant to post this very thread. I followed the steps and I am loving the new graphics with pretty much no performance hit.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Bandy

No.42_Bandy

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Duffer,
I have an Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4 GHz and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 video card.

Do I need to do the do , so to speak .... or is my sys sufficient?
Question
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 pm

XO,

Completed all steps, fps up to a solid 44 at least on single player will see more tomorrow.

One question does EVGA Precision X need to stay running, similar to FRAPS?

S!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Bandy, As we spoke I think you're good!

OK NavyJake, Yes it does. It won't do anything until your game launches.

1.) Install NVIDIA Inspector from the first thread.

Ya know, I changed my other mind. Try to follow the instructions from the link in the first post. If you have problems I will get on line and do it real time.

Just ask!

Duff

Last edited by No.42_Duff4r on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 pm

XO,

I went thrugh the entire setup from the ROF forum and PDF.

I was just curious if EVGA Precision X needs to stay running to overclock?

S!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Awde

No.42_Awde

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 pm

i don't understand any of this
I hope to on wed night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Video Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video Settings   New Video Settings Empty

Back to top Go down

New Video Settings
Page 1 of 1