42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup Empty
PostSubject: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Greetings! This Post applies to those of us poor souls left behind in XP and/or with 32 Bit machines, regardless of OS No

My Rig:
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333), Mobo: Abit IP35 Pro, RAM: 4G - Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4DHX, Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (SE) 1024 MB - Driver 301.42 WHQL 19" HP LP1965 Monitor - 1280 x 1024 Refreshrate @ 75 Hz

Teamspeak 3
CH Pro HOTAS
TrackIR 5 with ProClip

This setup resulted in FPS greater than 50, all views but left, looking at the hangars. Mileage may vary!

NOTE!! Sound is Medium and 32 Sound Counts, Interface sounds off

ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup 1_ROF%20Graphics%20Settings_6.11.12

Note: Picture below is two screen shots 'SPLICED' to fit but represents ALL NV Control Panel settings!

ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup 2_ROF%20NV%20Settings

ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup 3_Syndicate%20Server%20FPS

Note! In the above screenie, lower right hand corner, FRAPS, in YELLOW at 56 FPS

Also note...the high quality of the screenie, the lack of 'jaggies'. Evidence of successful Aliasing.
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:38 pm

In game settings, I would set FPS limit to 60, 80 is to high because you will only safely get 75 FPS because your 75hz monitor. Hz = max FPS without issues. Setting should be at hz or below. In your case setting it lower at 60fps will open up the card for more quaility processing to be done, like Antliazing and texture filtering ect ect.

I would check Super Sampling in game settings. (easier on video card, should see an improvement)

I would change nvidia display to Single Monitor / Performance. (helps FPS)

Also, and this is what everyone should do. Go to your Control Panel, then look for Power Management. Switch to Performance, then click Custom Settings. Make sure everything is always on and stuff like HD on, and video section has power settings to, make them performance.

Back to top Go down
http://www.AirGroup51.net
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks Cobraj

done!

EDIT: The frame rate limit from 80 to 60 helped! Great tip!

Setting Super Sampling to 'ON' in the HDR just totally destroyed my frame Rates. I'm quite sure it's because I run with V SYNC on. This prevents 'tearing' when I look around, specifically with TrackIR. The new NV drivers use adaptive VSYNC. I am still playing with this!
Thanks for the tips!
Duff
Back to top Go down
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 am

Leave Vsync on and when you use Vsync always have Triple Buffer ON. They go hand in hand.

The reason Super Sampling kills your frames is because your CPU is already at 90% or more while the game is running would be my guess. So leave it off until you can upgrade later on.

If your looking for even more frames I would turn down TREES , and LANDSCAPE QUAILTY MESH would improve frames if your CPU is indeed still taxed to max processes running the game.

I'm glad the changed to 60 helped it normally does. With your nVidia Vsync set to application control it looks a the game setting and applies it. You don't need to view anymore FPS then 60 even though your monitor will do 75. Having it set at 75 will rob the graphics card of resources needed to reach 75 FPS. Technically if your CPU is still running near 90% setting it to 50 will get you even a greater 3D quaility and a more stable game play. You can try it if you like.
Back to top Go down
AG-51_Cobraj

AG-51_Cobraj

PostSubject: Re: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Did you change nvidia display to Single Monitor / Performance. (helps FPS)
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Yes, I had actually changed that a while back....The screenie needs to be updated.

Wilco on the TREES , and LANDSCAPE QUAILTY MESH.

Thanks, I will update the pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup   ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup Empty

Back to top Go down

ROF - Graphics & NVIDIA Setup
Page 1 of 1