42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

WW State of the Union....What We Fly?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WWGeezer

WW State of the Union....What We Fly? Empty
PostSubject: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 7:37 am

Just checking in with you fellas. Have some good memories of flying with you guys on Wednesday nights in ROF

Looking at your current topics looks like you may have had some of the same struggles over the last year or two that we have had. We were alternating between ROF and Il2 Sturmovik 1946 and than started moving towards BOS. Others dabbled in COD and DCS. We had so many factions flying different sims various folks would leave our weekly meeting right after if there sim of choice was not up that night. Combining that with a few folks migrating away from flight sims completely have seen our numbers drop.

Some got tired of keeping up with all the patches in Il2, others really preferred WW1 flying over WW2 ( and some the other way around)

We went cold turkey and tried flying just BOS for awhile figuring if we focused on a single sim things would improve. A beautiful sim, lots of potential....but have hit a few walls along the way both in learning curve, complicated mission building, buggyness and slow path to improvements. Biggest frustration (that I think is now solved) was AI becoming passive in Multiplayer. Just killed Co-ops for almost four months. Not sure if it is the heavy focus on the Russian sandbox, but we are still struggling to find the "heart" in this sim.

All that being said, we are thinking of going back to a ROF, BOS rotation. We fly on Tuesday nights regularly 6:30 pacific ( might be late for you guys)

Not looking to air any dirty laundry, just wondering what you are flying these days and when and how your attendance is doing, perhaps see if we can join up for a server raid some night.

If you prefer to PM me with thoughts and suggestions that would be fine too

Salute
WWGeezer
CO
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:46 am

S! Geezer,

The CO has not checked into this site for better than half a year, so I think this gorup is dead.
Hope you and the Ws are doing well!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 9:22 pm

XO here! Not flying anything ATM. I consider this site...DEAD! Too bad but it is the way of all SIMMs.

Be well Geezer,

~S~
Duff4r
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
No.42_Bandy

No.42_Bandy

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 10:46 am

IMO, I still see a few of us hanging around so I prefer to refer this as a hibernation.  Boring  
ROF may get hit by lightning and suddenly improve the flight models and gameplay, or another WW1 sim may appear to replace it. Surprised
 Until ROF dies completely with no replacement, I'm still wearing my 42.  Salute
There are also matches; FIF and Bloody April, that we can fly in as individuals or with squadmates Mad
though those are waining too. Sad
I still fly though I am currently hooked on war thunder tanks but I am on War Grounds TS a lot.

Salute
Bandy
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 am

Nice to hear from you guys. We still get flyers but the numbers are a lot less and a fee long time flyers are hitting a wall. We had eight people this Tuesday but that is a "big" group right now. 4 or 5 more normal. I will start posting here when we are flying ROF in case there are a few stragglers who want to come out.

Take care
WWGeezer
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 am

No.42_Duff4r wrote:
XO here! Not flying anything ATM. I consider this site...DEAD! Too bad but it is the way of all SIMMs.

Be well Geezer,

~S~
Duff4r

If disinterested leadership would step aside so someone like Bandy could take the reins, it might not be dead.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Done deal! I will step aside and have tried in the past. Has anyone asked either me or Stubby? Space it also seemed like everyone was off playing WOT etal. Also when ever I log into ROF there is no one flying the servers anyway. As an example it's 6 PM Pacific and there are all of 19 players on ....
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Ok Space, still waiting for you to take charge. It has been open since September.

Duff
Back to top Go down
boapiu

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 12:18 pm

hello to all. i am interested in flying with others but like so many, it would seem, it isnt easy to know when someone else is out there flying. by way of background, i returned to flt sims after about a decade or so. my previous experience was exclusively on a mac, and the options so limited that i just let it slip away. then this past april i met someone and they brought me up to speed. WOW. i did not even know about trackIr! so now i am happily simming again, mostly with a small but dedicated group in BOS and DCS. i have tried RoF once and am exploring it further, hoping to use a training server, New Wings Virtual Flight Training. anyway, my two cents is that participation ebbs and flows as various constraints come and go. for those who are at a fairly stable place in life, it may be more a matter of changing interest. or it can be a monetary decision. whatever, i am interested in finding a means to locate fellow fliers who join online at varied times of day. my work schedule changes from week to week and i am not a night person. i live on the east coast and normally go to sleep at 20:00. of course, i am up at 04:00. i found the wing walkers hyperlobby idea intriguing. my experience with BOS is pretty good. there has always been at least a quorum available on the wings of liberty server and although the flight model needs work, it is no DCS, it is always being improved and the future looks promising.
not wanting to intrude improperly, i am curious how current the info on wing walkers site is. i have a version of IL2 1946 but the graphics are stoneage. do i need to apply mods? i also have CoD but same thing, it needs a slew of mods and i am hesitant to apply to my hard drive.
well, thanks for listening and good luck to you all. happy holidays and i may see you in the skies sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WW State of the Union....What We Fly?   WW State of the Union....What We Fly? Empty

Back to top Go down

WW State of the Union....What We Fly?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
42 Squadron :: General Discussion-
Jump to: