42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WWGeezer

Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) Empty
PostSubject: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:55 am

They may be calling this a beta, but holy cats...

Big big big map full of objects with winter, fall and spring
a full mission builder with multiple scenarios
a ten mission campaign
a new bomber and an early plane set without D7fs, Camels and those nasty D8's....early war fan's dream
still digging into how functional all the parts are, but the screenies are impressive.  Considering they are reusing the ROF flight model and interface, betting it is pretty darn functional
Some interesting updates to the control displays, I'm sure tied to the introduction of mouse and keyboard flying for those without the hardware

On a lark I tried to open the one mission that was included and I got a bunch of error messages but it opened in the mission builder!!!
(and to save you some frustration on the ROF update screen, find where you select "english", it all starts in Russian)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by WWGeezer on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
No.42_Wrongway

No.42_Wrongway

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 am

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Keep us updated on what else you learn. Terrain looks fantastic for us low level guys, too bad the Muromets isn't a low level plane.
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 am

Here is a little more research I did into the maps and controls

I spliced together six screenshots to get a high res version of the entire map. I was able to identify three large cities to get an appoximate location of the IL Mo map, put a black box around it below on the map below. You can find three cities on both maps

Tarnopol
Kolomyya (Kolomea)
Chernovtsy ( Czerowitz)

Regarding custom skins, they appear to be usable in both sims
I was able to drop one of Dubya's skins in the graphics / skins / Spad7 folder and had it pop up fine. Have no idea how they hope to deal with getting skins into the game in the future.

Second...some added creature comforts on the control icons you Il2 / BOS Junkies might enjoy ( and purests, might not like), look close at the bottom of the screen

Bullet Counter on the left
Clock, Fuel Guage, Compass and Speed and Altitude indicators in the center( with red maker for waypoint target)
And on the far right slider bars for throttle, mixture and radiator

I was able to host under the Multiplayer tab on my own machine and to at least call up a Mission, not to far from being functional.
Enjoy
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:48 am

Hmmm..... I guess I don't get it??? The WWI community is already small because 777 is greedy. Many potential pilots just won't pay the near 300 dollars we have for this sim, thus we don't see many new pilots. Exmp. I tried to get my IL-2 squad, Aces High to fly this and possibly with us. Some tried it but all said, 'No Thanks'. This 'new' sim will split the online pilots yet again.

No use pontificating further.....I won't be buying this.

Duff4r
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:42 am

Lot of people feel the same way Duff4r....some interesting conversation at the end of this thread between Vanderstock and Waxworks on the Syndicate server.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Zed

No.42_Zed

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:44 am

No.42_Wrongway wrote:
Very cool, thanks for sharing.  Keep us updated on what else you learn.  Terrain looks fantastic for us low level guys, too bad the Muromets isn't a low level plane.

Muromet is a great low level plane. Took out three bridges very easily with low passes. Has a very nice power ratio that allows for a coordinated low level fast turn.

High alt uses ROF HP style bombsight. And it has a LARGE load of bombs. A little short on defensive capabilities but can turn so well.. Took out three Albs in mission mode and carried on to bombing. AI gunner not very good but autopilot and jump in the gun tub is pretty dangerous to enemy. Good visual range. If you want to take them out get them from below. Major weak point. Kinda hard to do when you are flying them at 6 feet though.  Big Grin 
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Purdy!
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 am

Went on a little tour of the map tonight. Found a lot of towns without objects placed yet
For this tour only Kolomyya, Bystitsa and Kalush where populated, but Kalush was pretty nice

Here is the tour and with the real time it took to fly it ( typo on Burshtyn...should be 4:55)

Here are the images of Kalush. Note the Russian text at the train station, the floral decorations over the windows at the cottages and the Virgin Mary at the Church
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)   Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF) Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy Sh$t, Il Mo is worth the $19 bucks (if you don't own ROF)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
42 Squadron :: General Discussion-
Jump to: