42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

Bloody April Question?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WWGeezer

Bloody April Question? Empty
PostSubject: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:05 am

You guys may be tournamented out at this point with FEOW.....but I will be attending Sundays briefing on Bloody April. My guess is there may be a limited group of WW's who may want to participate in Bloody April again. Small enough that it would be better for us to group up with someone elses squad.

Do you guys intend to participate?
Would you welcome two or three WW's to join up with you?

For now will attend the briefing meeting and gather info

Thanks Guys!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:55 am

Man, I don't know. Judging from the last Bloody April, FEOW and our own attempt to add squads to FiF, I think you can get too many squads/people/languages involved in these tournaments that suck the fun right out of it. I'm not sure I am interested in another massive tournament, however, I will leave that up to the rest of the guys. The worst thing for me is the incessant whining and bad manners displayed by both sides in the forums and in-game chatbar; add to that side-polarized refusal to compromise tests my ability to remain a nice guy.

Finally, if Adler is involved, I am not interested. His poor sportsmanship and bullying behavior during the FEOW III has made it so that I will not willingly participate in an event he is part of for a long while. Several Central Powers squads even make him out as some kind of champion which turns my stomach. I have been fairly forthcoming with my thoughts regarding his behavior, so this should come as no surprise to anyone.

To reiterate though: if No.42 Sqn guys want to fly this, they have my blessing — I have a couple rooms that need painting.

Last edited by No.42_Flatspin on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 pm

whooo hooo....sounds like a lot going on there. Would definitely be interested in grouping up with you guys for future stuff even if it is a weekday three squad event or the likes.
Back to top Go down
WWGeezer

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:00 am

To be honest the WW's are in a bit of rebuilding and focusing on training right now. I dont think we will be heavily participating, but a few individuals might be. Will keep you posted
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:08 am

Copy that. I've spoken directly to a few members of the squad regarding this and we're across the spectrum: some feel as I do, some are tired of the BS but still like to fly events. Stubby and Butzzell are creating a new tournament that will likely be our focus.

Good luck with training. You guys are a class act!
Back to top Go down
BH_von Guber

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:26 pm

No.42_Flatspin wrote:
Man, I don't know. Judging from the last Bloody April, FEOW and our own attempt to add squads to FiF, I think you can get too many squads/people/languages involved in these tournaments that suck the fun right out of it. I'm not sure I am interested in another massive tournament, however, I will leave that up to the rest of the guys. The worst thing for me is the incessant whining and bad manners displayed by both sides in the forums and in-game chatbar; add to that side-polarized refusal to compromise tests my ability to remain a nice guy.

Finally, if Adler is involved, I am not interested. His poor sportsmanship and bullying behavior during the FEOW III has made it so that I will not willingly participate in an event he is part of for a long while. Several Central Powers squads even make him out as some kind of champion which turns my stomach. I have been fairly forthcoming with my thoughts regarding his behavior, so this should come as no surprise to anyone.

To reiterate though: if No.42 Sqn guys want to fly this, they have my blessing — I have a couple rooms that need painting.

+100 and add the Poles to that, so far as I'm concerned. I even removed myself from most of the event because of the nonsense.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks von Guber. Yes, both sides...even I got drawn in at one point. Hope to live it down someday.
Back to top Go down
BH_von Guber

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Big Grin  It happens to the best of us sometimes....

There was a lot of 'behind the scenes' shenanigans too. I wasn't buying in. Remind me to fill you in over a beer sometime.

The good news is that J5 takes a dim view and runs a tighter ship, in my experience. Hopefully BA won't see anything like that.

Salute 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody April Question?   Bloody April Question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloody April Question?
Page 1 of 1