42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

A big thank you, and a little confusion.

Go down 
+2
No.42_Duff4r
20thBG Grey Wolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
20thBG Grey Wolf

A big thank you, and a little confusion. Empty
PostSubject: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:12 pm

First I want to say thank you all for the invite, and allowing me to fly with all of you the other night. It was the most fun I have had flying in multi-player ROF.

There seems to be a little confusion though, and I only realized it when my squad mate posted on our forums, about me team-killing someone.

I do, once again, want to personally apologize to No.42_Bandy. I did commit "friendly fire" against him, it was totally un-intentional, I am sorry that it happened at all, it was totally my fault.

BUT according to the logs, I did not shoot him down.

There was 1 more friendly fire, but I was shooting at another bandit, and  =AxA=V.Alexx swooped down right into my line of fire. I did not see him coming in, I was already firing, and he flew right through my bullet stream. I feel bad that it happened, but I did not cause the incident.

I just wanted to clear the air, and say that I would really enjoy flying with all of you again.

Last thing I need to point out. Until recently, middle of last year, I never flew in online multi-player. I have played IL2 and several other flight sims for many years, but my computers, none of them, have been online in Windows since 1995. not until I got ROF and started playing online.

So while I have some skills, mostly as a lone wolf bomber pilot, my skills as a member of a flight squad are limited. Just call me a newbie. Recognizing you all by skins, or even recognizing your voices on TS, are completely new to me.

So if it should happen that I get to fly with you again, I will make the same request that I made the other night when I started. If someone is willing to allow me to fly with them, I need instructions. I do not need hand-holding, I just need to, and am willing to, fly as someones wing man, I am even willing to play "Tail-end Charlie", but until I get to know all of you, it would be much better IMHO, if I were assigned to someone, and let that person tell me where they want me (formation) and what they want me to do, as in tactics.

Like I said, I have some skills, I did get several "shoot-downs" of bandits, although you have to look at the logs, the stats page does not show them, but I just need to learn how to fly with your group/ squad.

And once again, and for the last time, I apologize for the friendly fire, and will NEVER intentionally do it again.

Thanks for your time in reading this, I just needed to clear the air.

Salute to the 42nd.
20thBG Grey Wolf
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:22 pm

LOL! I wasn't there but trust me.....if you did you won't be the first or the last to do this. I think everyone knows it is not intentional, it's the heat of combat and the time it takes to identify the enemy and then...you can get lost and think you're still on the bad guy and boom a friendly drops in and you're not. Friendly fire! We have all done this. I shot down Flatspin one night!

No worries....that said the cost of a friendly kill is a 30 pack of brewskis for the 'gang' at the local pub!

You'll be welcome to fly with us anytime!
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
20thBG Grey Wolf

PostSubject: Thanks   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

No.42_Duff4r wrote:
LOL! I wasn't there but trust me.....if you did you won't be the first or the last to do this. I think everyone knows it is not intentional,

Well my squad mate was confused, posted such. But I just wanted to make sure that there were no hard feelings, looking at you Bandy

No.42_Duff4r wrote:
it's the heat of combat and the time it takes to identify the enemy and then...you can get lost and think you're still on the bad guy and boom a friendly drops in and you're not. Friendly fire! We have all done this. I shot down Flatspin one night!

The heat of combat was a blast, that is why I said it was the most fun I had ever had in online ROF. Besides the feeling bad about the friendly fire, I had a great time and enjoyed it very much. Most of my online ROF time is spent out in the boonies trying to sneak into my target to blow it all to .......

No.42_Duff4r wrote:
No worries....that said the cost of a friendly kill is a 30 pack of brewskis for the 'gang' at the local pub!

You'll be welcome to fly with us anytime!

Just let me know where I can send the brews, so that you can all get one. .....
Back to top Go down
No.42_Zed

No.42_Zed

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Come on one of our nights and team up with green or gold flight, nothing like a passel of bombers flying formation to get the adrenalin pumping.
Back to top Go down
20thBG Grey Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:53 pm

No.42_Zed wrote:
Come on one of our nights and team up with green or gold flight, nothing like a passel of bombers flying formation to get the adrenalin pumping.  

RGR that, green or gold.

Differences ?

Not much experience in high altitude level bombsight bombing, but I can line up in formation and drop on command, like the American WW2 bombers did.

Oh, and thanks for the invite to fly bombers, a lot less likely to commit friendly fire.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
No.42_Zed

No.42_Zed

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:33 am

Green flight is jabo, if you are looking down on the treetops then you are too high, gold flight is nose bleed section bombing. Although we have been known to take a heavy under the trees and do pop up bombing and green has been known to effectively take out targets from altitude. Basically if you like stuff going boom, these flights get er done and the bicycle pilots are there to scrape the fleas off our back... When they aren't asking us to slow down or where did you go? The trees all look the same!
Back to top Go down
20thBG Blackwolf

20thBG Blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 am

Quote :
"Well my squad mate was confused"
Nah I was just poking fun at ya. Big Grin

EDIT: I'll be looking for gold flight. Eye in the sky!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Bandy

No.42_Bandy

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey Grey,
Here's the unofficial scoreboard on being guilty of friendly fire incidents, IMO

GreyWolf  1, 2 maybe 3? Cool      Bandy 457 +/-  3 or 4 Surprised 

All is good, no hard feelings here.  There's a steep learning curve and we're all on it and I'm glad to be part of it in any way.  Big Grin 
Looking forward to winging with you and your squad again!  Salute

p.s. If it really bothers you, I like Black Rum in large bottles. Wink 
Back to top Go down
20thBG Blackwolf

20thBG Blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:41 am

Quote :
p.s. If it really bothers you, I like Black Rum in large bottles
Yum, yeah me too!

Last edited by 20thBG Blackwolf on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
20thBG Grey Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 am

No.42_Bandy,

Thank you sir for the kind words, and while I still feel the need to be more diligent in not commiting friendly fire, I feel re-assured that everyone knows that it was not intentional, and that I will do my best to avoid it.

Also, I like you guys in the 42nd, skilled and serious about your flying and fighting, but still able to make it fun, even for us less skilled.

Looking forward to flying with all of you again.

Now back to the server, I am trying to get used to some new toys, new aircraft and trimmings. Bomb Release timing is something that you can only learn by doing.

Thanks one and all for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:00 am

20thBG Grey Wolf wrote:
Bomb Release timing is something that you can only learn by doing.

Use The Force!
Back to top Go down
20thBG Grey Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 am

No.42_Flatspin wrote:
20thBG Grey Wolf wrote:
Bomb Release timing is something that you can only learn by doing.

Use The Force!

RGR that .  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A big thank you, and a little confusion.   A big thank you, and a little confusion. Empty

Back to top Go down

A big thank you, and a little confusion.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
42 Squadron :: General Discussion-
Jump to: