42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

Cool Documents

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glider

Cool Documents Empty
PostSubject: Cool Documents   Cool Documents EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:38 pm

I found a site called paperlessarchives.com with some really interesting stuff you can get on DVD. Kind of like Zenos only for historical documents. Have several WWI which are pretty much of American origin and thus somewhat limited in coverage but they do have some interesting documents nonetheless example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Excerpt:

"Another important document produced under Gorrell's supervision as part of the history of the Air Service, AEF, is a "Tactical History" written by Lt. Col. William C. Sherman and a group of officers working with him in France at the end of World War I. Although published in part in an Air Service Information Circular in 1920, Sherman's "Tactical History" has remained virtually unknown, or at least has not had extensive use. Since it provides excellent information about the conduct of combat operations, it should be of value to persons interested in aerial warfare in the First World War."
Back to top Go down
Shnoze_Shmon

Shnoze_Shmon

Cool Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Documents   Cool Documents EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 pm

1.89 million pages!!!!!! Just some light reading huh?

But you may be referring to the 2387 pages in 4 volumes. Gee when you put it in perspective it's not that much. Laughing 

Enjoy it, but I'm afraid that goes deeper than my curiosity.

Nice find Glider.
Back to top Go down

Cool Documents
Page 1 of 1