42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

Possible Dogfight?

Go down 
+8
No.42_Hawg
semiauto
NavyJake
JG1_Butzzell
No.42_Rooster
No.42_Flatspin
JG1_Klaiber
No.42_Duff4r
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 am

THREAD PRUNED on 1/15/13 - Duff4r

Hi all,

My name is Klaiber, CO of JG1 Richthofen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JG1 generally has RoF practice nights on Mondays and Wednesdays, and we've noticed that your squadron tends to be online on those nights as well.

Would you be interested in flying against us sometime? Nothing formal or official, just a good old fashion dogfight. JG1 has a server up called "JG1 Ace Difficulty", and it generally runs 1917 and 1918 versions of the Verdun map. There is no password, and it's "full switch".

If you guys were interested, definitely let me know. We can probably muster about 12 pilots (give or take). And would be happy to mix the teams up for balance. Again, nothing formal. Just a good time.

Let me know what you think.

~Salut!~

Klaiber

Last edited by No.42_Duff4r on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
JG1_Klaiber

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

S! All,

JG1 is still very interested in setting up some sort of dogfight night with you guys. Definitely let us know if you're game.

As my original post mentioned, we generally fly on Mondays and Wednesdays, but can make other nights as well with enough notice.

Hope to talk to you more soon.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks Klaiber! We are indeed interested in a match or more with JG1. As a new squad, we are working on our coordination, so give us another week or so, but definitely, after that let's meet over No-Man's-Land!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Duff4r
Admin
No.42_Duff4r

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 pm

I also stopped by and posted on their site!

Greetings to you and in specific, to Klaiber, CO of JG1 Richthofen!
Thanks for stopping by our site and the kind invitation to 'fun fly'
with you! Our CO, No.42_Flatspin replied to you asking for a week or so
until we complete our current training and coordination effort. We hope
this is the start of many good times and we look forward to getting to
know you all!

A little more about us:

We are so new....the paint isn't dry yet but:

We are a squadron of pilots with varied experiences. Some of us are new
and some of us have flight experiences from other Flight Sims such as
RB3D, IL-2 and others. Several of us still fly IL-2 1946. We currently
have 14 active pilots. We are affiliated with the historical No.42
Squadron by name only. Our game play spreads throughout the war years.

We use Teamspeak and have a Teamspeak server. We have our own Dedicated
Online Server called: No.42 Squadron - Canvas, the Early Years - 1916-17
with a stats page. We're still developing our server maps. We fly
officially on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8PM EDT but you may see
one or more of us up on other nights.

Our command structure consists of: a CO, XO and 3 Flight Leaders for each of our major combat
divisions: scout-fighter, attack-fighter and level bombing. Entente is our preference.

Regards,
No.42_Duff4r_XO aka IL-2 1946 as _AH_Duff4r (Aces High Squadron)
Back to top Go down
https://42sqn.forumotion.com
JG1_Klaiber

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 am

S! Guys,

Thanks! As I mentioned on the JG1 boards, please take as much time as you need in order to coordinate things on your end. Maybe we can shoot for a November event. Again, we're just talking about a good low-key fun event with normal "Syndicate-style" server rules.

Really, I'm hoping that this is something that you guys would want to do again every once in a while, as it offers both of our squadrons a really great opportunity to fly with and against coordinated opponents in large scale actions. Currently, as I'm sure you've noticed, the full real North American servers have been a bit anemic after 6PM or 7PM EDT. So flying against each other would not only give our pilots something to look forward to, but a great experience that they may not always get.

JG1 has about 22 North American pilots, and have an additional 12 European pilots. But we can probably muster somewhere around 12 to 15 for our dogfight / joint training.

I've PM'd Duff our TS3 information on the JG1 forums, and have asked him to circulate it amongst the RAF 42. We can get together to talk sometime over the next few weeks. Whenever you guys are ready to move forward.

Hope to talk to you more soon!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Perhaps sometime we can join forces and really shock the other servers out there... that would be great fun... Salute
Just looking to the future S!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm

I think I can speak for all of No.42 Squadron when I say we are having a great time with these Wednesday nights. The community has taken notice as well. On our server, before the event, non-squad people asked about whether or not JG1 and No.42 were going to have our standard fight! The server quickly swelled to over 30 participants as well.

Now that our server has been reset with the info you passed to us last week, we should be good to go. I think we all saw the post, made a mental note to fix it, then assumed somebody else did it, LOL! Oops. Embarassed

A joint debrief could be interesting. I think the trick is to be done before everyone turns into a pumpkin. I know I for one turn in early if I have to work the next morning. Looking for my last sortie to launch not much after 10pm EST.

Another thought: it was mentioned last night by one of our guys: would you be interested in switching sides once in awhile? Each of our squads has an obvious interest in the sides we've chosen, but a night every now and then flying "the other guy's junk" might be fun too. From a training standpoint, knowing about the capabilities of the enemy's planes in combat is good intel! However, if your guys aren't interested in that, it's no big deal - we're happy to fly about in our RFC planes.

Cheers Klaiber! Looking forward to next week.
Back to top Go down
JG1_Klaiber

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Flatspin wrote:
Absolutely! Let's build relationships with as many squads as we can.

Excellent. I'll send out a casual invite to the RAF 74 and Wing Walkers. Not sure how many people they have, but if they're interested we could be adding about 10 to 15 to 20. That would give us one hell of a dogfight...

If you can think of another group who you think would enjoy this, please drop them a line.

Of course, I still consider this a JG1 / 42 joint thing at it's heart. So I'll always be looking to coordinate things with you first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
JG1_Klaiber

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Here is my invite to the Wing Walkers: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And my invite to the RAF 74: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll let you know what they think. :)

Back to top Go down
JG1_Klaiber

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I've also given the Black Haze an invite as well:

I see that the Old Fokkers are on board as well! Things are looking up.

See you guys tonight.
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 pm

S! All

For tonight's Wed night fight with RAF 42 and assorted others, we have a twist on a clasic mission.

The basic mission is bombing a military camp (4 tent groups), an artillary camp ( 5 guns near trees), a supply convoy(2 trucks and 1 AAA truck), a factory and a train.

When destroyed, these resources have affects on troups. Subtitles announce what is destroyed and what affects take place.

Supplies that are delivered also have affects.

This is intended to be a fun diversion.

The best subtitles are the factory, trains and convoys.

Server will be reset at 9pm eastern. Mission lasts about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Total number of targets destroyed will be displayed at the end of the mission.

Mission name is "tea and toilet paper". That should give you an idea of what you are in for. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

S!
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm

S!

Well good.

How about a little neclear war scenario.

Dr. Strangelove

Wind is from the west south west at 2 m/sec.

The year is 1924.

The war ended in a stalemate and lines were frozen along the front.

An uneassy peace has existed since then. Both sides untrusting of the other have developed bombs of terible destruction.
Each side knows that a war now means total destruction for both sides.

A phone rings, it is for the Kaiser, his cousin the king of England.

"Hello Willy, yes Hank here. Willy you know that special bomber group we have? Well the commander has gone a little adeled and done a silly thing. He went and launched those squads against Tournay. No we can't call them back. You'll have do do your best to shoot them down.Why are you saying this is all out destruction. It is just a little mistake. Well Willy,...well Willy....I know your sorry and I'm sorry too. Now Willy, I can be just as sorry as you."

Allied need to get just one bomb on Cathedral in Tournay to end the world.

Allieds get 20 HP400s to hit the Toul Cathedral. The Germans get unlimited D7Fs. The Germans have to stop all enemy planes. The hit points on the Cathedral have been reduced to 1. Remember close only counts in horse shoes and nuclear war and this ain't horse shoes.

Anyone wanna ride the bomb? Have an extra cowboy hat right over here.

S!
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

S!

It was fun.

The mission logic worked well. We had over 20 people on at one time and I did not notice any lag. I think the slimmed down map could hold a lot more people just as Geezer intended

The lake thing is more like a Quake session for the Germans. Flack at the south base!!! run run run. oh oh red flares at the balloon on the north base!!! run run run. It would probably be better with 20 people per side so that defenders are able to split up more.

btw Entente won the second session.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:48 pm

S! All

This Wen Jan 9th, we have 2 fun scenarios: Dr. Strangelove and Dawn of the Living Dead patrol. Will reset server at 9pm.

Dr. Strangelove is an Allied bomber misssion on Tournay. They only have HPs but they get nuclear bombs. Germans must shoot down all incoming HPs. Figure a quick scenario of under 30 minutes untill the end of the world. Anyone that does not have an HP is welcome on the German side.

Dawn of the living Dead Patrol: Germans shell Allied lines with Corpse Gas. Allied turn into Zombies and attack Warfusee arifield. Allies must kill zombie tanks and try and kill German guns. Germans can protect guns and zombie tanks. Zombie tanks attack Germans as well as Allieds. Well, they ARE zombies. What did you expect? This also is quick. 45 to 60 minutes.

S!
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Sounds like a good time. Salute
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Can't wait to ride me a bomb to oblivion!
Back to top Go down
semiauto

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 am

These sound awesome!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:29 pm

The zombie map looked pretty cool, I'd like to try that again before everybody breaks for their beauty sleep.

Don't know about Dr Strangelove: bombed the snot out of the target 3 or 4 times — nothing.
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

uhmm, well

early nuclear weapons were highly unreliable. :(
Back to top Go down
semiauto

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Just my two cents on the zombie map:

I actually really like the idea but when you have tanks rolling up on your aerodrome which are literally 50 feet away from your plane, it illustrates just how limited the ground activity is in this game. I understand the concept but in actuality there wouldn't be enemy tanks just driving around shooting at planes without some sort of friendly response on the ground. It ended up feeling very arcade like, not to mention the fact that they didn't seem to be able to shoot me very effectively until they were at essentially point blank range.

I mostly had fun just dogfighting the Pfalz DIIIs.
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm

S!

They are Zombies. Normally they are working over at the arcade. They were just on loan.

I think they were spawning too fast or should be moved back farther from the base. Too many made it too the base.

JG1_Moxy suggested a "break out" mission simillar to the Battle of Cambrai. We could turn the zombie thing into something like that where the tanks have to capture the base by killing ground defenders. Still, it would be such a single objective campaign that it would end up as a quake event, like the zombie thing. A dead is Dead rule would help prevent that.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Should we arrange a time to discuss ROE for the tournament?
Back to top Go down
JG1_Butzzell

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 am

S!

Any time that is good for you is good for us.

S!
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 am

JG1_Butzzell,

Flatspin asked me to post this.

Our Wednesday fight we would like to do our COOP mission.

This mission is a patrol the front late 1915. The N-11 has just been deployed and the Central Powers are flying the Eindecker.

There are 6 true Ai aircraft per side, and two squadrons of 6 aircraft per side that can be manned. As long as the Flight Leads are manned the unmanned aircraft in each flight will tag along as true Ai.

Mission is to patrol the front and shoot down 8 aircraft per side. One caveat is that once all human manned aircraft are down the mission gives the results and starts over.

A big key here is that each human has only one life and one aircraft. If that aircraft is damaged on take-off or from combat that player is out of action until the mission starts again.

Let us know if you are interested in this, and I will load the map at 9 EST.

S!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible Dogfight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Dogfight?   Possible Dogfight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Dogfight?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
42 Squadron :: General Discussion-
Jump to: