42 Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the No.42_Squadron WW I Flight SIM, 'Rise of Flight'

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
*** The No.42_Squadron's Aerodrome ***
Fly with us! Squad nights: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - 8pm EDT
FiF XXI is in 3rd week. Fly tonight at 8:45pm EST.

Dawn Patrol '14

Go down 
+5
=AVG=Warren
No.42_Stubby
No.42_Zed
No.42_Flatspin
No.42_Space
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:39 pm

S! to all,

Some friends of mine are planning on setting up a Rise of Flight mini-LAN on the flight line at Dawn Patrol this year, and might be looking for some support. We did it back in 07 with Red Baron and it was a huge success, and a lot of fun as well. Being able to take the airshow fans from watching a flight to actually flying their own ww1 plane in a few minutes makes a lot of people shine! But, it can't happen without support.

I will be taking a shift or 2 in the tent, and would encourage others to as well. There are other potential perks that I will not go into right now, but if Tiger or Warren show up here they will have more rightous info. Great guys that I have flown with for better than 16 years now; they are family.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Do you have a link or something Space? What do you mean by a "shift"?
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:02 pm

A 'shift' is a 2-hour stretch where you man the tent and help total newbs fly.
No link, but hopefully Warren and Tiger (both flew Pointe Blank, et al, with us) will be by here soon. They have the forum addy, so should show up soon. Tiger might be out of town working, but Warren should be on here tomorrow or so.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 pm

You talking about something going on at the USAF museum when we're there for our No-Man's LAN Party?

If so count me in! I'll help out any way I can!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:08 pm

It is a tent set up on the flight line that has a ww1 flight sim running- ROF in this case. The original thought was that it would be a thrill for show-goers to watch a flight, and then be able to fly one of those very planes in the next minute. I must say, it was a screaming success!

The AF museum loves it, and has in the past given volunteers 'special compensation' for helping bring that real-time connection to the audience.

It is amazing how many different people come through that tent- many kids, but also a lot of pilots and other ww1` enthusiasts. I did several shifts last time and had the time of my life. The airshow is happening right out front of the tent, so you are really not missing anything; all audience is watching the planes when they up also and in the tents between flights.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Zed

No.42_Zed

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 am

Count me in
Back to top Go down
No.42_Stubby

No.42_Stubby

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Count me in
Back to top Go down
=AVG=Warren

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 4:03 pm

Good afternoon and salute one and all.

First off, thank you for the immediate interest in supporting this god forsaking endevour.

Long story short for those who would like to know. Tiger for the longest time ago has organized LANs for the Red Baron community back in the day. These progressed to being invited to participate and included successfully into the Air Force Museum’s Dawn Patrol Fly In. Hard part was, Red Baron was on its last legs as a viable game. ROF was the new premier game at the time so Tiger contacted the developers and had copies shipped to all of us that supported these LANs to keep the airshow thing going.

First 2 ROF LANs weren’t too bad but having Tiger or I not being envolved with ROF is really the silly part that we try to continue operating these flight line LANs. Normally we would be able to pull something together but this year we are caught flatfooted with only a few weeks left.

On top of that a friend of ours and his son will have their aircrafts ( Pup & Dr1 ) at the Fly In this year. He asked if Tiger and I would be able to help them ground crew. How can we refuse that request?

So that lead me to ask Space if he knew of anyone how actually flies ROF that might want to get in on a flight line demonstration. If any of you have been to this fly in, you may remember our meager little set up in between all the other vendors.

I do not know all the details as I only assist Tiger. Lolol What I do know is all we really need is some help in baby sitting the desk tops in a tent while old guys and cub scouts play. Nothing more complicated than that. Friday evening, Sat. and Sunday. Today I am scratching up some of the old RB LAN crew that will attend tis year, so we getting some other people lined up to help as well.

As a “participating vendor” you would also be invited to the banquet dinner Sunday night in the museum. Eating shitty dry chicken breast under the wing of Boxcar or to the side of Robin Olds’ F-101 is a unique experience.

Could write a novel here but was thinking there would be a good time to talk on TS at some point tonight or tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Pop on TS tonight, we're on now...tomorrow is also possible, though I work until about 8 EDT.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Not sure what I can do to help out but I will be there.
Back to top Go down
=AVG=Warren

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

could someone please possibly message me the TeamSpeak information
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 pm

just PMed you the addy and password.., I checked and the pw I included is correct.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks Space!
Back to top Go down
=AVG=Tiger

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:50 pm

=AVG=Warren wrote:
I do not know all the details as I only assist Tiger. Lolol What I do know is all we really need is some help in baby sitting the desk tops in a tent while old guys and cub scouts play. Nothing more complicated than that. Friday evening, Sat. and Sunday. Today I am scratching up some of the old RB LAN crew that will attend tis year, so we getting some other people lined up to help as well.

As a “participating vendor” you would also be invited to the banquet dinner Sunday night in the museum. Eating shitty dry chicken breast under the wing of Boxcar or to the side of Robin Olds’ F-101 is a unique experience.

S!~ All,

As Warren said, we could use some help babysitting a few desktop computers while the old guys and cub scouts try their hand at RoF. As for dinner at the museum, Warren is right about that, too. Well, except that I thought the chicken was pretty good and I believe that he meant "Bockscar".

Here's the information provided by the museum regarding registration;

David Thomas wrote:
Dear Aces Over Wright Field Participants,

The long awaited information for registration for this year's WWI Dawn Patrol Rendezvous is now ready.  You can find all the registration forms and information at:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So that the general public cannot utilize these forms, this webpage will not be found on the Museum's WWI website.  You can only access it via the link in this email.  If the above link does not automatically hyperlink for you, please copy and paste it into your browser's address box.

Please note that each participant group is identified with all your necessary forms to complete.  Under all the groups, is the "Overall Participant Information" data that you will be interested in (e.g. schedule, hotels, directions, etc).

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you know of who would like to participant in this year's Dawn Patrol.  I will be sending this to all past participants of the Dawn Patrol.

If you have any questions, please call or email me.  If you know someone does not have computer access, please let me know and I will mail paper copies to them.

Thanks

David......

David C. Thomas
Specials Events Coordinator
National Museum of the United States Air Force
NMUSAF/MUS
1100 Spaatz St
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433
(937) 255-1716
DSN 785-1716
Gov't Cell:  (937) 479-3329
Fax: (937) 656-6306
Fax: DSN 986-6306
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please disregard the date on the form as the folks at the museum insisted that we had to be there to put on a demonstration when I attempted to decline. Since the first Aces Over Wright Field demonstration the focus of the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous has been interaction with the attendees. So, they weren't going to take "No" for an answer.

I recommend that you complete the forms, scan, and e-mail them to David if you're interested in volunteering to help out on the flight line. I also scanned my check for the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous Banquet, but you may want to mail yours if you are interested in attending. There's still time for that as you have until the 19th to get your check in for the banquet.
Back to top Go down
No.42_YOKE

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:22 am

~S~
filling out this form as a participating vendor to assist in the tent for an hour or so ....

is there info we should be putting in the lines ... such as ...

company name ?
tigers name ?
"helping in a tent? "

confused

Back to top Go down
=AVG=Tiger

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:10 am

S!~ Sir,

The registration form is specific to Virtual Aces, so no additional information is necessary. I'm looking forward to finally meeting you in person. We'll see you there!
Back to top Go down
No.42_Zed

No.42_Zed

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: the info you need is   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:48 am

The registration is in the "ACES over Wright Field" section.

Pull up the registration and the agreement forms from that section.

Back to top Go down
No.42_Zed

No.42_Zed

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Works like a charm. Registered.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:17 pm

is this for individuals or are we signing up as a group?
Back to top Go down
No.42_YOKE

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:42 pm

copied to my pc...filled out ...scanned and email out to I believe the name was Thomas on your previous post.

participation agreement and registration form . time will not permit me to enjoy the banquet

Salute
Back to top Go down
No.42_Space

No.42_Space

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Registration sent.
Back to top Go down
=AVG=Tiger

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 am

No.42_Rooster wrote:
S!~ Sir,

Even though we are technically participating as a group, individual registration is mandatory.
Back to top Go down
No.42_Rooster

No.42_Rooster

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:22 pm

=AVG=Tiger wrote:
No.42_Rooster wrote:
S!~ Sir,

Even though we are technically participating as a group, individual registration is mandatory.

Done... registration faxed.   Salute
Back to top Go down
=AVG=Tiger

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:36 pm

S!~ All,

I would like to thank the participating members of the No. 42 Squadron for your assistance. I really do appreciate it. As Warren said, we're really not members of the RoF community, and therefore, we're not really the best volunteers for the demonstration. Those of you that are part of the RoF community are the ones who will serve the guests of the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous best. I am quite pleased that some of you will lend your experience. I have been working with the National Museum of the United States Air Force for the last 10 years and really really didn't want to let David (the Specials Events Coordinator) and Teresa (the Director of Specials Events) down.

Thank you once again.

Ken (=AVG=Tiger)
Back to top Go down
NavyJake

NavyJake

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Great meeting you guys today!

S! From across the trenches

BH_NavyJake

And yes Hawg, you did shoot me down in FiF XIX, I however survived to bomb more targets! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dawn Patrol '14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Patrol '14   Dawn Patrol '14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawn Patrol '14
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
42 Squadron :: General Discussion-
Jump to: